Established as a “Volunteers in Medicine”
Following are some of the clinical and non-clinical volunteer opportunities where help is most needed in the Free Health Care Center. If you have other relevant clinical expertise in the health field, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 412-456-6977.
Note: All clinical and non-clinical volunteers at the Free Health Care Center are required to submit for a Criminal Background Check and a Child Abuse Clearance.
Dentists and Other Dental Practitioners
These volunteers provide general dentistry, oral surgery, gum treatment, etc. Note: must have either an active or current volunteer Pennsylvania license.
Another way to volunteer in this area is to take one lab case per month in your office. Catholic Charities Free Health Care Center will pay all related lab fees for these patients.
Must have either an active or current volunteer Pennsylvania license.
Although no licensing or certification is required, prior experience as a dental assistant is strongly recommended.
Support / Non-Clinical
Our support /non-clinical volunteers have a significant amount of telephone and computer work. Prior phone and computer experience in a busy office setting is very helpful. We will train you to use our phone system and computer equipment and programs.
- Greet patients and guests and provide general clinic information
- Answer and make phone calls; direct phone calls to appropriate staff or volunteers; take messages
- Interview patients and obtain appropriate documentation for income verification to determine eligibility. Due to the additional training needed for this function, we ask for a commitment of at least once a week
- Enter patient information into the computer
- Schedule patient appointments on the computer
- Complete other clerical duties as assigned
Volunteer Application Forms
Child Abuse Clearance Application
(all volunteer applicants)
Licensed Independent Practitioner Volunteer Application
(Physician, Dentist, CRNP)
Licensed Other Practitioner Volunteer Application
(Dental Hygienist, Dietician, EMT, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, RN)